Buying boxes of tea bags in the store may be convenient, but it’s even more fun to create your own blends of tea using fresh, natural ingredients.
If you make your own, you can create the perfect tea blend for you. They also make great gifts as well, and are very impressive when entertaining.
You can use herbs from your garden or local farmer’s market. Here are some ideas from The Kitchn to get you started:
Homemade Tea Blends
Here are just a few blends:
• Authentic Chai with black tea and spices like cardamom, peppercorns, and cinnamon
• 1 cup black tea, 1 tablespoon dried orange peel, 1 tablespoon cinnamon bark
• 1 cup green tea, 1 tablespoon dried lemon peel, 1 tablespoon dried ginger
• 1 cup rooibos tea, 1 tablespoon dried lavender
• equal parts lemon balm, mint, and lemongrass
• equal parts rosehips, hibiscus flowers, and mint
To store the tea, you can use canisters or purchase or sew your own tea bags. Tea is both comforting and healing, and making your own brews means that the herbs are more potent than the store-bought version. Try it once and you won’t want to go back!